Committee on Mission and Outreach
Doug Sensabaugh, chair
Disaster Response Team – Dave Thalman, Director
Moffett Grant Fund Committee – Mary Lou Cox, chair
Ethiopia Partnership Committee – John Fisher, chair
Shenandoah Living Waters Team – Mac Sterrett, Team Leader
Membership: Chair, Vice-Chair, Ten Members-at-Large
Purpose: To coordinate local, national, and international mission work through congregations and mission communities by providing information and resources and to oversee and coordinate presbytery-wide mission work.
1. Receive and discuss reports regularly from all mission communit ies.
2. Communicate with congregations and mission communities regarding mission
3. Oversee and staff and receive reports regularly from any presbytery-wide mission
4. Conduct mission-oriented workshops and mission fairs regularly.
5. Inform congregations and mission communities of denominational mission opportunities.
6. Provide mission resource materials for congregations and mission communities.
7. Oversee and administer mission-related funds of the presbytery.
8. Keep an accurate list of all mission activities involving congregations and mission communities.
9. Encourage and facilitate the creation of new mission communities around common missional interests.
10. Promote ecumenical partnerships in mission.
Ramsey Mission Grants
The Ramsey Grant program supports the international mission efforts of congregations/related organizations within Shenandoah Presbytery. Preference is given to new mission initiatives to encourage congregations to seek fresh ways of serving Jesus Christ in the world.
Review the Grant criteria and send only completed applications to Chair, Committee on Mission and Outreach, Shenandoah Presbytery, 1111 North Main St, Harrisonburg, VA 22802. The deadline for applications is October 15.
Contact Doug Sensabaugh, Mission & Outreach Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions regarding this program.